The true teachers are those who help us think for ourselves
STATE AWARD TO TEACHERS
The purpose of State Award to Teachers is to celebrate the unique contribution of some of the finest teachers in the State and to honor those teachers who through their commitment and industry have not only improved the quality of school education but also enriched the lives of their students
CONDITIOS OF ELIGIBILITY OF TEACHERS
School teachers and Heads of Govt/Parishadiya primary/Upper Primary Schools/Aided Junior High Schools in U.P.
- Teacher/Headmaster should not have indulged in tuitions.
- Only regular Teachers and Heads of Schools will be eligible.
- Contractual Teachers and Shiksha Mitras will not be eligible.
CONSIDERATIONS TO GUIDE THE SELECTION OF TEACHERS
Under this the teachers will be awarded marks against each of the objective criteria. These criteria are given the weightage of 60 out of 100.
Criteria based on performance
Under this, teachers will be awarded marks on criteria based on performance e.g. initiatives to improve learning outcomes, innovative experiments undertaken, organization of extra and co-curricular activities, use of Teaching Learning Material, social mobility, ensuring experiential learning, unique ways to ensure physical education to students etc. These criteria are given the weightage of 40 out of 100.
Personality Test/Presentation before State Select in Committee
PROCEDURE FOR APPLICATION
- Teachers and Heads of schools themselves shall apply directly by filling the application form online through the web portal before the prescribed cut-off date.
- Every applicant shall submit a portfolio, online along with the Entry Form. The portfolio shall include relevant supporting material such as documents, tools, reports of activities, field visits, photographs, audios or videos etc.
- Undertaking by the applicant: Each applicant shall give an undertaking that all the information/data submitted is true to the best of his/her knowledge and if anything is found at any later date to be untrue then he/she will be liable to disciplinary action.